- Open Letter: A Worldwide Appeal for Due Process for Tariq Ramadan
- Prakata Edisi Terjemahan Melayu – The First Muslims
- Public Lecture on: “Islam, Gender and Feminist Hermeneutics”
- Public Forum on: “Is It Time to Look Beyond the Idea of Liberal Islam?”
- Public Forum on: “The Future of Islam” & Book Launch of: “Golongan Muslim Pertama: Sejarah dan Memori”. A translation of “The First Muslims: History and Memory” by YB Saari Sungib
Vision and Mission Statement
The Islamic Renaissance Front (IRF) is an organization which aims to:
- Promote ideas of Islamic Reform (Islah) and Renewal (Tajdid) for a modern pluralistic world;
- Revitalize the dynamism of Muslim intellectual discourse in Malaysia;
- Contribute to the establishment of an inclusive and just Malaysian nation.
Through our work, we hope to
- Offer Malaysia the best possible information on issues relevant to IRF’s vision.
- Provide the best analyses of policies towards the promotion of peace and harmony.
- Advance our understanding of a compassionate and democratic Islam.
- Maintain, nurture and expand our network of like minded individuals, corporate entities, NGOs, governments and other bodies towards ensuring the effective dissemination of our analyses and positions.
- Enhance intercultural understanding and foster civilizational dialogues in Malaysia and beyond.