- September 15, 2017Book Launch: “Tertutupnya Pemikiran Kaum Muslimin” Translation of: The Closing of Muslim Mind by Robert R Reilly
- September 17, 2017Public Lecture on: “The Islamic Jesus: The Commonalities Between Judaism, Christianity, and Islam”
- October 23, 2017Uraian Buku Rekonstruksi Pemikiran Keagamaan Dalam Islam
- August 28, 2018Celebrating A New Malaysia
- September 7, 2012Understanding Evangelical Christianity in Malaysia
IRF on BFM 89.9
Here is the Music Player. You need to installl flash player to show this cool thing!
Synopsis of Wacana Pemikiran Reformis – Jilid II
October 13, 2014
All reformist schools agreed that because of globalization and the rapidly changing fields of knowledge, we are now beset with questions linked to the viability of Islam’s prescriptions in this new age.
There is a growing number of Muslims who are beginning to assert that the highest faculty is human reason, which we must exercise in order for us to be the true vicegerent of God on earth. This is the essence of the Enlightenment and of the Renaissance in that only through reason can we understand the higher intention or maqāsid of our religion.
Reform and renewal demand not only the equal contributions of scholars of both the text and the context but also the critical engagement and creative imagination of the Muslim masses particularly the intellectuals. It is an appeal to reconsidering the sources through their necessary reconciliation with the world, its evolution and human knowledge so that the contemporary Muslim conscience will be coherent with our modern age and its challenges.
This book, which consists of anthology of essays were written by those who subscribed to the spirit of Islamic reformation and critical thinking. It demands us to exercise our faculty of reason to the fullest in order to meet the growing challenges in the modern world.
Softcover: 404 pages
Publisher: Islamic Renaissance Front (October, 2014)
Language : Malay
Product Dimensions : 6.1 x 8.8 x 2.5
See more at: https://irfront.net/books/
This book is available at Gerakbudaya or contact us at [email protected]