- September 15, 2017Book Launch: “Tertutupnya Pemikiran Kaum Muslimin” Translation of: The Closing of Muslim Mind by Robert R Reilly
- September 7, 2012Understanding Evangelical Christianity in Malaysia
- August 28, 2018Celebrating A New Malaysia
- September 17, 2017Public Lecture on: “The Islamic Jesus: The Commonalities Between Judaism, Christianity, and Islam”
- October 23, 2017Uraian Buku Rekonstruksi Pemikiran Keagamaan Dalam Islam
BERSIH 2.0 – PRESS STATEMENT – 11 April 2012
April 11, 2012
While BERSIH 2.0 welcomes the statement by the Minister of Home Affairs that BERSIH 3.0 may proceed with our gathering on Saturday, 28 April 2012, we do not agree that there is a necessity to change the venue to other gathering places.
BERSIH 2.0 has selected Dataran Merdeka as a venue for BERSIH 3.0 due to its historical relevance to the people’s struggle for Independence and a democratic Malaysia.
BERSIH 2.0 would like to stress that the Peaceful Assembly Act (PAA) is not yet in force. In any event, BERSIH 2.0 holds the view that the PAA violates the constitutional guarantee of freedom of assembly.
We certainly do not see any reason why Dataran Merdeka is unsuitable in the light of the many events that have recently been held there, including 205th Anniversary of the Polis DiRaja Malaysia (PDRM).
BERSIH 2.0 takes this opportunity to state that we will be writing to the police in due course once our plans are firmed up. We sincerely hope that PDRM will assist in facilitating the traffic flow on 28 April 2011 for BERSIH 3.0 as it has recently done so in several public gatherings.
Salam BERSIH 2.0!
Dato’ Ambiga Sreenevasan
Coalition for Clean and Fair Elections (BERSIH 2.0)
The Steering Committee of BERSIH 2.0 comprises:
Dato’ Ambiga Sreenevasan (Co-Chairperson), Datuk A. Samad Said (Co-Chairperson), Ahmad Shukri Abdul Razab, Andrew Khoo, Arul Prakkash, Arumugam K.,Awang Abdillah (Kuching), Dominic Hii (Sibu), Dr Farouk Musa, Hishamuddin Rias, Liau Kok Fah, Mark Bujang (Miri), Maria Chin Abdullah, Niloh Ason (Kuching), Richard Y W Yeoh, Dr Subramaniam Pillay, Dato’ Dr Toh Kin Woon, Dr Wong Chin Huat, Dato’ Yeo Yang Poh and Zaid Kamaruddin.