- September 15, 2017Book Launch: “Tertutupnya Pemikiran Kaum Muslimin” Translation of: The Closing of Muslim Mind by Robert R Reilly
- September 7, 2012Understanding Evangelical Christianity in Malaysia
- August 28, 2018Celebrating A New Malaysia
- September 17, 2017Public Lecture on: “The Islamic Jesus: The Commonalities Between Judaism, Christianity, and Islam”
- October 23, 2017Uraian Buku Rekonstruksi Pemikiran Keagamaan Dalam Islam
Job Vacancy: Special Officer
May 13, 2014
Job Description: Special Officer to the Executive Director of Islamic Renaissance Front (IRF)
Islamic Renaissance Front [IRF] is established and registered as a company limited by guarantee under the Company’s Act 1965 on 30th October 2007. It is an intellectual movement and a think tank focusing on youth empowerment and promotion of intellectual discourse. The visions and missions of IRF are stated clearly in the company’s profile.
A Special Officer reports directly to the Executive Director and provides support in a one-on-one working relationship. A Special Officer serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Executive Director.
A Special Officer is also bound to follow the Board of Directors directives and ensure that the organization maintains a progressive and moderate outlook by managing and implementing the planned agenda.
1. Provide administrative and secretarial support to the Executive Director.
2. Maintain diary of the Executive Director and organize his travel and other related arrangements.
3. Advice the Executive Director of matters requiring personal attention, with associated deadlines, and preparing relevant documentation.
4. Develops in-depth knowledge of assigned programs, including current issues and key resources, people and organizations, and a clear understanding of how they fit into the company’s visions and interests.
5. Develops proposals in the assigned program areas and formulate recommendations for funding; to ensure that proposal summaries are coherent, accurate and that all required information is provided; and to prepare the answers to any substantive questions about the proposals that may entail contacting appropriate organizations to assist in developing proposals for possible funding by relevant funders.
6. Conducts visit to local and foreign universities and higher education centers to establish rapport and to organize events of mutual interests, and the assigned consequent travels, as an integral part of the position.
7. Crystallizes initial ideas for new programs that would benefit and serve the purpose of the company visions by applying a breadth of knowledge on a wide range of subjects and a clear understanding of the company’s interests.
8. Establishes and meets specific work-related goals as outlined in scheduled work plans and events gauged in quarterly and annual statistics.
9. Interacts and reports directly to the Directors throughout the year, and to keep the Senior Research Fellow informed of any on-going developments in promoting teambuilding and create cohesiveness in the company’s structure.
10. Participates in all intellectual events and discourse held by the company.
11. Represents the company professionally by responding to letters, inquiries and attending meetings and conferences, both locally and internationally.
12. Develops position papers as identified and assigned on new subject areas for creative and active company’s involvement.
13. Conducts research in areas within the domain of objectives of the company namely in promoting reform [islah] and renewal [tajdid] and the advancement of the principles of democracy, liberty, freedom of expression, human rights and civil society.
14. Attends all Executive Committee meetings to support recommendations made and to provide information to the Board.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
If you think you are the kind of person who could fulfill the responsibilities and thrive in our organization, we’d like to hear from you. Please submit your resume to [email protected]