- September 15, 2017Book Launch: “Tertutupnya Pemikiran Kaum Muslimin” Translation of: The Closing of Muslim Mind by Robert R Reilly
- September 17, 2017Public Lecture on: “The Islamic Jesus: The Commonalities Between Judaism, Christianity, and Islam”
- October 23, 2017Uraian Buku Rekonstruksi Pemikiran Keagamaan Dalam Islam
- August 28, 2018Celebrating A New Malaysia
- September 7, 2012Understanding Evangelical Christianity in Malaysia
IRF on BFM 89.9
Here is the Music Player. You need to installl flash player to show this cool thing!
Press Conference on Freedom of Expression
March 31, 2010
All the children of Adam, whatever their race, ethnicity, gender, age, social status and beliefs may be; have been granted dignity by their Creator without any distinction. This human dignity must be secured and maintained by His guidance and laws through the Muslim authorities and should never be subjected to any kind of violation. Human dignity comprises the fulfillment of obligations as well as the security of rights. Thus the Qur’an uses the word “dignity” to underscore the corresponding human rights, freedom of expression and obligations, which should together be carried out to secure the human dignity. One should never assume in any way that Muslims who criticize an Islamic leader, party, government or even state have become an apostate or against Islam. Islam is a faith, not a mere political system, and it has won supporters and followers by exhortation and conviction through its civilization.
The message of Islam is always to convince and not to impose as enshrined eternally in the verse: “There shall be no coercion in matters of faith” [2:256].
Dr Ahmad Farouk Musa
Islamic Renaissance Front (IRF)