- August 30, 2009The Cow-Head Lesson for Merdeka: Delegitimize Violence and Hatred
- January 9, 2010121 NGOs Join Hands to Condemn Church Attacks
- January 9, 2010Joint Statement of Civil Society – Malaysia Will Not Bow to Acts of Violence
- March 5, 2010On the Flogging of Muslim Women
- March 8, 2010Civil Society Joint Statement on the 2nd Anniversary of March 8 2008 General Elections
IRF on BFM 89.9
Here is the Music Player. You need to installl flash player to show this cool thing!
The Sunni-Shia Conundrum – Part II
July 25, 2012
So what’s the difference, other than one group believing that leadership of the religion after the Prophet’s death should go to his son-in-law and the other to one of his companions?
Depending on where you stand, not much because essentially they recite the same ‘Shahadah’ or affirmation of faith. But over the course of history, each group have evolved and follow their own practices. And over a thousand years, animosity between the two groups of Muslims have intensified and the battle of Karbala is repeated almost daily in strife torn countries like Iraq and now Syria.