- September 15, 2017Book Launch: “Tertutupnya Pemikiran Kaum Muslimin” Translation of: The Closing of Muslim Mind by Robert R Reilly
- September 17, 2017Public Lecture on: “The Islamic Jesus: The Commonalities Between Judaism, Christianity, and Islam”
- October 23, 2017Uraian Buku Rekonstruksi Pemikiran Keagamaan Dalam Islam
- August 28, 2018Celebrating A New Malaysia
- September 7, 2012Understanding Evangelical Christianity in Malaysia
IRF on BFM 89.9
Here is the Music Player. You need to installl flash player to show this cool thing!
The Sunni-Shia Conundrum – Part II
July 25, 2012
So what’s the difference, other than one group believing that leadership of the religion after the Prophet’s death should go to his son-in-law and the other to one of his companions?
Depending on where you stand, not much because essentially they recite the same ‘Shahadah’ or affirmation of faith. But over the course of history, each group have evolved and follow their own practices. And over a thousand years, animosity between the two groups of Muslims have intensified and the battle of Karbala is repeated almost daily in strife torn countries like Iraq and now Syria.