- The Absence of Principles Marks a Half-Century of Burma’s Opposition
- Islamic values and lessons from Malaysia
- SCRIPT – Wawasan Anwar Ibrahim Bagi Malaysia Yang Lebih Baik: Sebuah Ulasan
- SCRIPT – Anwar Ibrahim’s Vision for a Better Malaysia: A Review
- Western Myanmar as a Genocide Triangle: The Military-Controlled State, Separatist Buddhist Rakhine Nationalists and Rohingya Genocide Victims – Part II
Rethinking Islamic Reform – Tariq Ramadan (14 July 2012, Kuala Lumpur)
In this lecture, Tariq Ramadan explores the need for a new vision of Islamic reform. He reflects on the challenges faced by Muslims in the 21st century, living in a complex globalized world, and how we are to appreciate the sources of Muslim tradition and intellectual history in a new light while engaging with other traditions of thought and morality. In the current state of affairs, Muslims must proceed with a new and inclusive understanding of democracy and social justice that takes into account the past and present without compromising either one.
Thank you for your interest in our event. The public intellectual lecture is held for the purpose of raising funds for the organization. The talk will be followed by a sumptuous hi-tea. Therefore we are selling tables and individual seats for that purpose.
Tables: RM5000, RM3000, RM1500
Individual seats: RM150
Tax-exemption receipt is available for RM3000 and RM5000 tables upon request.
And if you are attached to a corporate body, we would appreciate if you could inform your management to sponsor a table for the event. Kindly send us your particulars to [email protected]
To purchase a table online via PayPal or Credit Card, please click on the following link:
To purchase via cash or cheque, please contact Br Edry Faizal Eddy Yusof at 013-2968570.